You are here
Maria Fazio received her Degree in Electronic Engineering from the Engineering Faculty of the University of Messina (Italy) in 2002 and the Ph.D. degree in 2006 in Advanced Technologies for Information Engineering at the University of Messina. Since 2002, her research activity has been focusing on distributed systems and wireless communications, especially with regard to wireless multi-hop networks, Grid and Cloud computing. In 2005, for six months, she was Visiting Student at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), under the supervision of prof. Mario Gerla.
She has been involved in various projects, including the FP7 project VISION Cloud- Virtualized Storage Services Foundation for the Future Internet (2010-2013), which aims to develop a storage service for cloud, and FP7 RESERVOIR project (2008 - 2011), where a prototype of Cloud computing infrastructure for the deployment and management of complex IT services has been developed.
She is Co-Editor-In-Chief of the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems.
She is co-organizer of the 4th International Workshop on Cloud for IoT (CLIoT 2016), Vienna, Austria, September 5, 2016.
Since 2015, she is Independent expert involved in evaluation and monitoring of Horizon 2020 ICT-related proposals.
- She is member of the Editorial Board of
- International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking, IGI Publishing (since 2012),
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Smart Cities, European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) (since 2015),
- Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, John Wiley & Sons and Hindawi (since 2016).
- In 2013, she was Guest Editor of the Special Issue "Cloud for Internet of Things", published on Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, Scientific International Journal for Parallel and Distributed Computing.
- In 2013, she was Guest Editor of the "Special Issue on Advances in Cloud for Smart Cities.", published on International Journal of Distributed Systems and Technologies (IJDST)
- Workshop Chair at the Twenty first IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2016), Messina, Italy, 27 - 30 June, 2016
- Publication Chair at the International EAI Conference on Cloud Computing, Networking for IoT systems (CN4IoT 2016), Brindisi, Italy, 14-16 October, 2016.
- Publication Chair at the International EAI Conference on Cloud Computing, Networking for IoT systems (CN4IoT 2015), Rome, Italy, 26-27 October, 2015.
- Local organization committee member at the Fourth European Conference on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC 2015), Taormina, Italy, September 15-17, 2015.
- third Workshop on Cloud for IoT (CLIoT 2015) , in conjunction with the European Conference on Service- Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC 2015) , held in Taormina, Italy, September 15, 2015.
- 3rd International Workshop on inter-Clouds and Collective Intelligence (iCCI-2015) , in conjunction with the the 29th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2015) , held in Gwangju, Korea, March 24-27, 2015
- second Workshop on Cloud for IoT (CLIoT 2014) , in conjunction with the European Conference on Service- Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC 2014) , held in Manchester, United Kingdom, September 2nd, 2014.
- first Workshop on Big Data: Applications and Methods (BDAM-2014) in conjunction with the 5th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT- 2014), that will be held in Hasselt, Belgium, June 2 - 5, 2014.
- first Workshop on Cloud for IoT (CLIoT 2013) , in conjunction with the European Conference on Service- Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC 2013) , held in Malaga on September 11, 2013.
- Workshop "The Future of Cloud Computing, Strategies and Design", held in Taormina on March 10, 2011.
Technical Program Committee membership:
IADIS Telecommunications, Networks And Systems (TNS), International Workshop on Ubiquitous Multimedia Systems and Applications (UMSA), IEEE International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (ICUMT), IEEE-IFIP Wireless Days (WD), International Conference On Sensing Technology (ICST), International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN), International Conference on the Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud), International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology (ICCGI), Workshop on Management of Cloud Systems (MoCS), IEEE International Workshop on Sensors and Smart Cities (SCC), International Workshop on Emerging Multimedia Applications and Services for Smart Cities (EMASC), Workshop on the management of resources and services in Cloud and Sky computing (MICAS), IADIS International Conference on Connected Smart Cities (CSC), IEEE ICME Workshop on Multimedia Mobile Cloud for Smart City Applications (MMCloudCity).