You are here
Riccardo Di Pietro was born in Messina on August 15th, 1986.
He received his Master Degree in Computer Science, his 2nd level Professional Master's Programme in "Open Source and Information Security" and his Master Degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Messina (UniMe), Italy in 2013, 2014 and 2016, respectively.
From November 2016 till today he is a PhD Student in Computer Science at the University of Catania (UniCt), Italy.
From 2017 till today UniMe awarded him as Honorary Fellow (cultore della materia) in "Ingegneria del Software" (Software Engineering). [SSD ING-INF/05]
From June 2017 until now he is an IEEE Student Member (94384791) and from July of the same year he is also an IEEE Computer Society Student Member.
From November 2017 until now he is an ACM Student Member (3368174).
In July 2017 he passed the Engineer qualifying examination related for the Information Technology field with grade 178/200.
From May 2018 till today he is a Member of the National Engineers Order - Branch of Messina (Italy), Section A.
From January 2018 till today he is a Technical Officer at "CIAM - Centro Informatico Ateneo di Messina", the Computer Center at University of Messina, where he is currently engaged in development of Information Systems and Innovation, Research, Training activities.
From December 2013 to November 2016, he has been a senior developer at UniMe as a member of the Mobile and Distributed Systems Lab (MDSLab).
He worked in different R & D projects in the area of ICT, such as "Next-FFM", a R & D industrial project focused on power grids maintenance, and "SIGMA", a R & D national project focused on Cloud computing and sensor networks.
He acquired important experience in the use of Java, XML, JSON, Apache,Tomcat, Mysql, Google Maps, ForgeRock and OpenStack, Cloud technologies focused on the Identity and Object Storage Services.
He acquired significant competences in design and development of distributed systems for Cloud computing and Mobile applications based on client-server and REST API paradigms.
He has good skills in Teamwork, Team Motivation, Team Leadership, Team Management, Problem Solving, Management, Social Networking and Communication.
He was actively involved in some teaching and seminar activities for students focused on the Arduino technologies, aimed to university courses, high school courses, summer courses, and workshops with fee in collaboration with Fablab Messina.
Schools and Training Activities
- IEEE S3C-EU 2017 - IEEE European Summer School on Smart Cities - “Improving the citizens quality of life”. Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico "Fabio Ferrari" (Povo 1 building), via Sommarive 5, Trento (Italy). Sep 04th, 2017 - Sep 08th, 2017.
- I training school - MULTIFORESEE Cost Action CA 16101 - “CSI requirements for evidence handling within the application of imaging solutions”. West Yorkshire Police Training And Development Centre Carr Gate Complex Bradford Road, Wakefield, (United Kingdom). Aug 21th, 2017 - Aug 25th, 2017.
- ICVSS 2017 - International Computer Vision Summer School 2017 - “From Representation to Action and Interaction”. Hotel Village Baia Samuele, Punta Sampieri, 97018 Scicli RG, Ragusa, Sicily, (Italy). Jul 09th, 2017 - Jul 15th, 2017.
- "Multimedia security" PhD Course. ICT International Doctoral School. University of Trento, (Italy) 20 hours, 3 ECTS. May 29th, 2017- Jun 01st, 2017.
- STMicroelectronics’ Open Days 1st Edition. STMicroelectronics Catania Str. Primosole, 50, 95121 Catania (CT), (Italy). Sep 28th-30th , 2016.
- III International Geant4 and GPU Programming School. Laboratori Nazionali del Sud, Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, INFN - LNS Catania, Via Santa Sofia, n° 62 - 95123 Catania (CT), (Italy). 35 hours, 6 ECTS. Nov 9th-13th, 2015.
- Management systems auditors: audit methodology in accordance with UNI EN ISO 19011:2012 - ISO/IEC 17021:2011. University of Messina - Department of Engineering DICIEAMA, Contrada Di Dio (S. Agata) - 98166 Messina, (Italy). 16 hours. Nov 2015.
- Messina Applied Mathematics School – MESMA 2010. University of Messina - Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Via F.Stagno D’Alcontres n. 31, 98166 Messina, (Italy). 40 hours. Jan 2010.
- Cisco CCNA4 "WAN Technologies". University of Messina - Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Via F.Stagno D’Alcontres n. 31, 98166 Messina, (Italy). June, 3th, 2008.
- Cisco CCNA3 "Switching Basics and Intermediate Rountig". University of Messina - Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Via F.Stagno D’Alcontres n. 31, 98166 Messina, (Italy). January, 31th, 2008.
- Cisco CCNA2 "Router and Routing Basic". University of Messina - Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Via F.Stagno D’Alcontres n. 31, 98166 Messina, (Italy). June, 14th, 2007.
- Cisco CCNA1 "Networking Basics". University of Messina - Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Via F.Stagno D’Alcontres n. 31, 98166 Messina, (Italy). June, 3th, 2007.
- From December 2013 to March 2014, software Project: "Google Maps "Box";
- From December 2013 to present Software Project: "JaKey" - Java OpenStack Keystone Client;
- From October 2013 to October 2013, Software Project: "JaDa - Swift" - Java Dashboard for OpenStack Swift;
- From November 2014 to February 2015, software Project: "JOpAM - Java OpenAM Client";
- From December 2013 to May 2015, software project: "CLEVER - CLoud-Enabled Virtual EnviRonment";
His activities includes the development of plugins that integrate functionalities of the OpenStack APIs and by OpenAM ForgeRock APIs. Specifically, he developed some plugins that integrate the functionalies of Openstack Identity Service API v2 (Keystone) and Openstack Object Storage API v1 (Swift) that are releted to the Cloud IaaS level. For Cloud SaaS level, he produced plugins that integrate the functionalies of simple Authentication,Identity Management and simple Authorization of OpenAM ForgeRock API. (https://github.com/clever-unime/clever-unime/wiki)
- From March 2014 to July 2015, software project: "Z2C Zip to Cloud";
- From July 2016 until now, software project: "J2CBROKER - Java Json Cloud BROKER";
- From November 2016 until now, software project "SSME - Secure Storage as a Service in Multi-Cloud Environment"
- From March 2017 until now, software project "ARIANNA - "A Mobile Secure Storage Approach in Multi-Cloud Environment"
- On 29 July 2015 "Open Source per il Lavoro e il Territorio: Arduino e Formazione" (https://www.facebook.com/events/597935640344518/);
- On 05 February 2016 "Startup Europe Week Messina: #SmartME - reti di connessioni fisiche a supporto del territorio" (https://www.facebook.com/events/180677162293816/);
- On 30 May 2016 "Building the Internet of Things(IoT) using the Arduino Technology - the #SmartME project experience" (https://www.facebook.com/events/480439358812743/);
Seminars, Courses and Workshops
He was University Manager and Mentor of summer courses destinated to international undergraduate students that were organized at the department of Engineering of the University of Messina. These courses were held in collaboration with the international association B.E.S.T. Messina:
- “Arduino Technology as the enabler of Cyber Physical Systems" July-August 2016 (24 hours) (30 students from 18 different nationalities);
- “Arduino Technology as the enabler of Cyber Physical Systems - II edition" July-August 2017 (24 hours) (30 students from 22 different nationalities);
He was University Tutor of courses destinated to high school students that were organized at the Department of Engineering of the University of Messina. These courses took place within different projects called "Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro":
- “Pratica Professionale Gestione Piattaforma Open Source Arduino" January-February 2017 (70 hours);
- “La piattaforma open source Arduino: corso base" February - April 2017 (24 hours);
He was Manager and Mentor of courses destinated to undergraduate students (24 hours each) that were organized at the department of Engineering of the University of Messina. To these activities, the master's degree course in "Engineering and Computer Science - ECS" of the University of Messina has recognized a weight of 3 ECTS that can be spent by the students as a training internship.
Follow the courses:
- “The Arduino open source platform for beginner" June-July 2015;
- “The Arduino open source platform for beginner - II edition" April-May 2016;
He was Manager and Mentor of the workshop for entry level "Le basi di Arduino" held at the Fablab Messina 16th-19th December 2015 , Messina, Italy (16 hours).
He participated as Student to the "Workshop di saldatura per circuiti elettronici: Build your own Arduino" held at the Fablab Messina 24th-26th November 2015 , Messina, Italy (12 hours).
Roles in International Conferences
- "The 3rd International Workshop on Sensors and Smart Cities - SSC 2017" May 29, 2017, Honk Kong, China. Held in conjunction with 3rd IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP 2017) - Publicity Chair.
- "The 15th International Conference on AdHocNetworks and Wireless-AdHoc-Now 2017". 20-22 September 2017, Messina, (Italy) - Publicity Chair.
- "The 4th International Workshop on Sensors and Smart Cities - SSC 2018" June 18, 2018, Taormina, Sicily, Italy. Held in conjunction with 4th IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP 2018) - Publicity Chair.
For further information, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, stay in touch on Linkedin !!!