You are here
Riccardo Di Pietro was born in Messina on August 15th, 1986.
He received his Master Degree in Computer Science, his 2nd level Professional Master's Programmes in "Open Source and Information Security" and his Master Degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Messina (UniMe), Italy in 2013, 2014 and 2016, respectively.
From November 2016 to date he is a Computer Science PhD. student at the University of Catania (UniCt), Italy.
Till then, he has been a senior developer at UniMe as a member of the Mobile and Distributed Systems Lab (MDSLab).
He worked in different R&D projects in the area of ICT, such as "Next-FF", an R&D industrial project focused on power grids maintenance, and "SIGMA", an R&D national project focused on cloud computing and sensor networks.
He acquired important experience in the use of Java, XML, JSON, Apache,Tomcat, Mysql, Google Maps, ForgeRock and OpenStack, Cloud technologies focused on the Identity and Object Storage Services.
He acquired significant competences in design and development of distributed systems for Cloud computing and Mobile applications based on client-server and REST API paradigms.
He has good skills in Teamwork, Team Motivation, Team Leadership, Team Management, Problem Solving, Management, Social Networking and Communication.
He was actively involved in some consulting and development activities with "Xenia Progetti" srl, "Meriodionale Impianti" srl and Finmeccanica.
He was actively involved in some teaching and seminar activities for students focused on the Arduino technologies, aimed to university courses, high school courses, summer courses, and workshops with fee in collaboration with Fablab Messina.
- From December 2013 to March 2014, software Project: "Google Maps "Box";
- From December 2013 to present Software Project: "JaKey" - Java OpenStack Keystone Client;
- From October 2013 to October 2013, Software Project: "JaDa - Swift" - Java Dashboard for OpenStack Swift;
- From November 2014 to February 2015, software Project: "JOpAM - Java OpenAM Client";
- From December 2013 to May 2015, software project: "CLEVER - CLoud-Enabled Virtual EnviRonment";
His activities in this project includes the production of plugins that integrate functionalities exposed by the OpenStack API and by OpenAM ForgeRock API. Specifically, to date, he produced some plugins that integrate, for cloud IaaS level, the functionality of Openstack Identity Service API v2 (Keystone) and Openstack Object Storage API v1 (Swift). For cloud level SaaS, he produced a plugin that integrate the functionality of simple Authentication,Identity Management and simple Authorization of OpenAM ForgeRock API. (https://github.com/clever-unime/clever-unime/wiki)
- From March 2014 to July 2015, software project: "Z2C Zip to Cloud";
- From July 2016 to until now, software project: "J2CBROKER - Java Json Cloud BROKER";
- From November 2016 to until now, software project "SSME - "
- From September 2013 to December 2013 he works for the project Next FFM (Field Force Management);
- From December 2013 to September 2015 he works for the project P.O.N. SIGMA: SISTEMA INTEGRATO DI SENSORI IN AMBIENTE CLOUD PER LA GESTIONE MULTIRISCHIO AVANZATA (http://sigma.cdc.unict.it/index.php/it/);
- From March 2014 until now he is Creator and Administrator of the Facebook Group "Corso di Laurea interclasse LM-32/LM-18 "Engineering and Computer Science" (https://www.facebook.com/groups/839391976087656/);
- From May 2014 to October 2014 he makes activities of assistant supervisor in a Computer Enginnering bachelor's degree thesis "Studio middleware per storage di Big Data";
- From July 2014 to July 2015 he makes consulting activities at XENIA PROGETTI SRL, Via Acicastello 71 - Aci Castello (CT) (http://www.xeniaprogetti.it/);
- From February 2015 until now he is Creator and Administrator of the Facebook Page "Engineering and Computer Science - ECS UNIME" (https://www.facebook.com/ecsunime);
- From February 2015 to April 2015 he is editor of "The Technology" section for a frontierCities Application (http://www.fi-frontiercities.eu/the-call/);
- From March 2015 to April 2015 he is co-editor of the descriptive documents for a project in contention for the Edison Pulse Competition 2015, category Energy (http://www.edisonpulse.it/idee/ecommunity-condivisione-energetica-smart);
- On 15th May 2015 he is Judge for the Case Study of the EUROPEAN BEST ENGINEERING COMPETITION 2015 - EBEC Italy 2015: VIII ediition (http://ebecitaly.org/ebecitaly/ - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Uay7xY15o );
- From May 2015 until now he is "Editor" for the ARDUINO.ORG wiki (http://www.arduino.org/);
- From June 2015 until now he is Head for Dissemination and Communication Activities for the crowdfunding Initiative "#SMARTME: MESSINA IN THE FUTURE" (http://smartme.unime.it/);
- From July 2015 to April 2015 he is University of Messina Ambassador for "Be Digital: Crowd Driven Innovation" project ;(https://www.facebook.com/events/1311674542191722/)
- From June 2015 to July 2015 he is Manager and Mentor for "The Arduino open source platform for beginner" couse; (http://arduino.org/blog/1-the-new-blog/smartme-crowdfunding-project , https://www.facebook.com/events/1600224283569566/);
- On 16-19 December 2015 he is Organizer and Tutor training workshop for "Arduino di Base" Workshop, Fablab Messina. (http://fablabmessina.it/workshop-arduino-di-base/);
- From January 2016 until now he is Head for Prototyping and Laboratory Activities for the crowdfunding initiative "#SMARTME: MESSINA IN THE FUTURE" (http://smartme.unime.it/);
- From February 2016 to August 2016 he is Manager and Mentor for the BEST Messina Summer School 2016: "Arduino Technology as the enabler of Cyber Physical Systems" (https://www.facebook.com/events/907318882714221/);
- From April 2016 to May 2016 he is Manager and Mentor for "The Arduino open source platform for beginner" course, second edition; (https://www.facebook.com/events/571823866318245/ , http://www.arduino.org/blog/the-arduino-open-source-platform-basic-course)
- From May 2016 to October 2016 he makes activities of assistant supervisor in Computer Engineering bachelor's degree thesis "encrypted cloud storage service";
- From May to August 2016 he is University of Messina Manager for Rome Maker Faire 2016 - Call for Universities and Research Institutes - 4th Edition, OCTOBER 14 - 16, 2016, FIERA DI ROMA
- From May 2016 to June 2016 he is Manager for the European Maker Week initiative hosted by Fablab Messina, Messina 30 May - 05 Jun 2016 (http://europeanmakerweek.eu/)
- From June 2016 until now he is Creator and Administrator of the Facebook Page "Technology Transfer Office - TTO UNIME" (https://www.facebook.com/ttounime/);
- From June 2016 until now he makes activities of assistant supervisor in Computer Engineering bachelor's degree thesis "Distributed storage for the Android platform";
- From June 2016 until now he makes activities of assistant supervisor in Computer Engineering bachelor's degree thesis "Secure Storage for Android platform";
- From November 2016 until now he is University of Messina Tutor for the project "Alternanza scuola lavoro: Pratica Professionale Gestione Piattaforma Open Source Arduino".
- On 29 July 2015 "Open Source per il Lavoro e il Territorio: Arduino e Formazione" (https://www.facebook.com/events/597935640344518/);
- On 05 February 2016 "Startup Europe Week Messina: #SmartME - reti di connessioni fisiche a supporto del territorio" (https://www.facebook.com/events/180677162293816/);
- On 30 May "Building the Internet of Things(IoT) using the Arduino Technology - the #SmartME project experience" (https://www.facebook.com/events/480439358812743/);
For further information, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, stay in touch on Linkedin !!!